Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Countdown

Tucson is getting frighteningly close, and I think I have steam coming out of my ears...

Last night I was working, not really knowing what to make, when I realized that I haven't made florals in a very long time. Years, even. I hadn't had any good clear, so I just stopped making them. So I tried making one, with just the stringers I had on the table, nothing fancy....it felt good. So I made another, and another.... :)It actually felt like coming home.

When I was done for the night I went and looked up my old website photos from Alaska and browsed through them. Some things I would change now, but overall, a nice body of work. I got some ideas to translate into the newer glass and press shapes.

So, while the photography isn't the greatest, I was really happy to see how much we've changed in the last 10-12 years, and how much we haven't changed, either.







No comments: