Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Empty

is how I feel, no great extremes, just empty. Monday morning brought the news that Cindi was gone, and I was dreading the question from Punkin, "how is Miss Cindi doing?" At ten she's old enough for this, people don't just vanish, but the look on her face tore at my heart.
If only we saw in the Spirit more clearly, this sorrow would not be so great---some people did see and feel her entrance to heaven. Her husband saw the light as she went, Pastor felt it as a wave of brilliance that made him sweat and Irene saw it the night before as we knelt beside her bed.
Then Monday night we heard that the doctors could not find a heart beat for Nicole's baby and we wept again.

1 comment:

Judy T said...

Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know that may not mean much coming from a 'stranger'- but I'll keep you in my thoughts.
Judy