Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Glass refill

I have glass again.....not that I was OUT,lol, but certain colors do go away faster than others. This time I ordered a pound each of four different coral tonalities, plus Apricot Rose and Creamsicle. I wasn't conscious of starting to like orange, but my glass order tells a different tale when it's all laid out by color.
Perhaps it's a sign of the times, this is what I found on the first page of my search (which interestingly enough had orange in the first place, though I searched for the more generic meaning of color, not specifying which color)

Orange combines the energy of red and the happiness of yellow. It is associated with joy, sunshine, and the tropics. Orange represents enthusiasm, fascination, happiness, creativity, determination, attraction, success, encouragement, and stimulation.

To the human eye, orange is a very hot color, so it gives the sensation of heat. Nevertheless, orange is not as aggressive as red. Orange increases oxygen supply to the brain, produces an invigorating effect, and stimulates mental activity. It is highly accepted among young people. As a citrus color, orange is associated with healthy food and stimulates appetite. Orange is the color of fall and harvest. In heraldry, orange is symbolic of strength and endurance.

No comments: