Tuesday, February 23, 2010

This is scary

I am in no way poking fun at this person, but this goes right along with the frozen waffle shortage..whole story here. How do you teach a whole generation how to do what their grandparents did?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I never thought I'd be in the position where I had to go to a food bank," Ms. Eisen said. But there she is, standing in the parking lot of the Calvary Chapel church, chatting with a half-dozen women, all waiting to enter the Bread of Life Food Pantry.

When her name is called, she steps into a windowless alcove, where a smiling woman hands her three bags of groceries: carrots, potatoes, bread, cheese and a hunk of frozen meat.

"Haven't we got a lot to be thankful for?" Ms. Eisen asks.

For one thing, no pinto beans.

"I've got 10 bags of pinto beans," she says. "And I have no clue how to cook a pinto bean."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: