Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday

At last....it's been a long week, not really sure why. I was up very late making beads, so there might be some later..

I was browsing Etsy this morning and was happily surprised to find my discs in a treasury, and another----I love what she did with them! And she has an awesome prize for the 200th sale!

It a gray day....one can hope for rain, we're still behind. It's been unseasonably warm, and the planting urge is strong, but it could, in theory, snow yet. Blech..

Moshe's crickets finally arrived. I must remember never to order this size again---I ordered 3/8" instead of 1/2", thinking that he would be able to eat more of them before they grew too large. Well, they are small enough that he'll have a hard time catching them, and, worse, they can climb the sides of their container! We keep them in a plastic tote with holes in the lid, with food and water. Once I got the box emptied in there, a whole wave of them started up the side of the container. I think it's because they're so light, their weight doesn't pull them down.
I finally made a sticky tape barrier by taping across the edges towards the insde, like concertina wire, and so far none have gotten past. We've agreed never to open the cricket tote without a cat or two on hand!

No comments: