Thursday, March 12, 2009

Survival

Peak Oil Hausfrau has a Doomer Dinner Party - Challenge up today! Me, I'm just glad to have survived Wednesday night!
There weren't as many children as usual---but we managed to keep from freezing anything afterwards.
We served spaghetti, vege-all, salad, carrots, and bread. I wondered if Vege-all is really as awful as I remembered it as a child----it still is! I may have to publicly beg forgiveness for that one...hubby has fond memories of the stuff, all I can say is that he must have been raised by wolves or something.
I made the 5-minute-a-day bread again, four batches of it. So far I haven't ever gotten past the next day, so I have no idea how it works long term. This time I have a bowl of dough in the fridge, so maybe!

Last night I tripped over something at the curb and did a wild dance before catching myself on a conveniently parked truck----I expected not to be able to move today. Fortunately, I woke up feeling fine---wouldn't it be funny if my neck was fixed? We have a friend who spent years and dollars on chiropractors to no avail. He was in an accident that knocked his head into his windshield---he said he heard/felt an awful crack and thought his neck was broken. Once he dared move, he realized that not only was it not broken, he was moving like he hadn't moved in years. As far as I know, he hasn't had a bit of trouble with it since.

Off to list beads, I meant to do it yesterday, but didn't get to it somehow.

No comments: